- Design Build
- Commercial Building Projects
- Building Maintenance
- UCD Lighting
I had the opportunity of learning how much satisfaction was obtained very early in life by working during my early teenage years for an uncle building small commercial projects and homes where in a small town we did the majority of the trade work. I am reminded of what he instilled in me on a regular basis about doing what you say you are going to do.
I continued to have early opportunities of being mentored by both Stewart and Company and Clegg Construction from high school through college of working myself up to Project Manager on numerous and varied projects.
The Irvine Company is where I learned that with the right team and people (Design/Build) that huge projects came together on a regular basis. It is with this philosophy of Design/Build, that Benchmark Construction, Inc. works to make it happen each and every day no matter the size of the project. Team work is the key to Design/Build construction.
- Provide overall operations management to the company
- Supervise entitlement, design and building functions
- Supervise accounting, budgeting and estimating functions
- Assist in project negotiations with owners
- The Irvine Company (1995-2001); Vice-President Construction/Director
- The City of Tustin (1990-1995); Senior Building/Public Works Inspector
- McDonnell Douglas (1988-1995); Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Rockwell International (1986-1988); Manufacturing Engineer
- Stewart & Co. (1984-1986; Project Manager
- Clegg Construction, Inc. (1976-1984); Foreman, Carpenter and Operation
- Bachelor of Science (Manufacturing Engineering); Brigham Young University 1986